Thank you for your interest in the Yale Day of Service! If you would like to help plan the Day of Service in your area or are serving as a club coordinator or site coordinator, there are a number of resources available to help you.
Next, take a look at the documents below which will assist you in the planning process:
- Day of Service Planning Timeline
- Day of Service Club & Site Coordinator Duties
- Day of Service Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample letter to club presidents
- Sample promotional emails
- Yale Day of Service Logos to Use in Promotions
- Sample confirmation email to YDoS registrants
- Day of Service Great Photo Tips
- How to use Social Media
- Sample YDoS project - Career Explorations
- Sample YDoS project - College Essay Workshop
If you are a site coordinator interested in submitting a site for inclusion on the Yale Day of Service website, please contact Mara Balk at the YAA. Before submitting a site, you need to be in touch with your Yale Day of Service regional director, local Yale Day of Service club coordinator and/or your Yale club president so they are aware that you are coordinating a site in their area.
Getting Your Site Listed on the Yale Day of Service Website
YDoS Expenses and Yale Gift Credit
If you are a lead organizer for a Yale Day of Service site or the overall effort of a club or group and incur out-of-pocket expenses directly related to the implementation of the Yale Day of Service, you may be eligible for tax credit. If you purchase food, water, site supplies or other goods for use as part of your Yale Day of Service activities, save the receipts and submit them to the YAA along with the completed request form you can get here.
Before you spend your own money, some grocery and box store chains will donate gift cards of small denominations to community service events. Ask to speak with the manager at your local store and make it a full-community affair!
Blue Being Green!
The Yale Office of Sustainability offers Green Event Certification for Yale related events wherever they may be. The aim of Green Event Certification is to encourage, recognize and celebrate the voluntary, sustainable efforts that event organizers have taken to reduce the environmental, social and financial costs of their event. Click here for more information if you are interested in getting your Yale Day of Service site Green Event Certified.
“Day of” Materials
The following documents below are included in the package of Yale Day of Service supplies mailed in advance from the Alumni Association in New Haven. Also in the package are Yale Day of Service nametags and pins to distribute to the project volunteers.
- Day of Service Materials Memo
- YDoS 2019 Walk In Registration Form
- YDos 2019 Release Forms for Walk Ins
- Yale Day of Service Registration Sign
- Tips for Using Social Media
- Tips for Getting Great YDoS Photos!
- Yale Day of Service 2019 Yale Alumni Magazine Photo Contest Information
- Media Coverage for Your Site - Reaching Out to Local Media
- Sample Yale Day of Service Press Release