Thank you for your interest in the Yale Day of Service! If you would like to help plan the Day of Service in your area or are serving as a Club Coordinator or Site Coordinator, there are a number of resources available to help you.
Next, take a look at the documents below which will assist you in the planning process:
- Day of Service Planning Timeline
- Day of Service Club & Site Coordinator Duties
- Day of Service Frequently Asked Questions
- Day of Service General Brochure
- Day of Service International Brochure
- Sample letter of Outreach to Club Presidents
- Site Selection Suggestions
- Yale Day of Service Project in a Box: Career Explorations
- Yale Day of Service Project in a Box: College Essay Writing Workshop
- Sample email Promotional Messages
- Yale Day of Service Logos to Use in Promotions
- Day of Service Registrants Confirmation Suggestions
- Day of Service Great Photo Tips
- Samples of Day of Service Appreciation Certificates for
- How to use Social Media
If you are a site coordinator interested in submitting a site for inclusion on the Yale Day of Service website, please fill out the online Site Collection form. Before submitting a form, you need to be in touch with your Yale Day of Service Regional Director, local Yale Day of Service Club Coordinator and/or your Yale Club president so they are aware that you are coordinating a site in their area.
Getting Your Site Listed on the Yale Day of Service Website
To submit information for a Yale Day of Service site, fill out the online form.
Sites will be available for participant registration when the Yale Day of Service registration process goes live in early March. Once submitted, edits to sites can only be made by AYA staff. If you have edits to your site, please email the site name and the new information to João Aleixo. You should see the edits on your site listing within 24 hours.
YDoS Expenses and Yale Gift Credit
If you are a lead organizer for a Yale Day of Service site or the overall effort of a club or group and incur out-of-pocket expenses directly related to the implementation of the Yale Day of Service, you may be eligible for tax credit. If you purchase food, water, site supplies or other goods for use as part of your Yale Day of Service activities, save the receipts and submit them to the AYA along with the completed request form you can get here.
Blue Being Green!
The Yale Office of Sustainability offers Green Event Certification for Yale related events wherever they may be. The aim of Green Event Certification is to encourage, recognize and celebrate the voluntary, sustainable efforts that event organizers have taken to reduce the environmental, social and financial costs of their event. Click here for more information if you are interested in getting your Yale Day of Service site Green Event Certified.
“Day of” Materials
The following documents below are included in the package of Yale Day of Service supplies mailed in advance from the Alumni Association in New Haven. Also in the package are Yale Day of Service nametags and pins to distribute to the project volunteers.
- Day of Service Materials Memo
- YDoS 2018 Walk In Registration Form
- YDos 2018 Release Form for Walk Ins
- YDoS 2018 Photo Release Form for Walk Ins
- Yale Day of Service Registration Sign
- Tips for Using Social Media
- Tips for Getting Great YDoS Photos!
- Yale Day of Service 2018 Yale Alumni Magazine Photo Contest Information
- Media Coverage for Your Site - Reaching Out to Local Media
- Yale Day of Service Press Release 2015