1:00pm to 4:00pm
For May 11 or May 12 Kit Assembly Park on Dawn Drive and walk up the driveway to the house to avoid being boxed in.
Please note which day you will be attending.
Mobile Lee Race + 1 203 800 5307
Mercy Learning Center, Bridgeport, CT: Mercy Learning Center’s mission is to provide literacy and life skills training to low income women in Bridgeport, CT. The staff serves over 1,000 women per year, from 50 countries of origin, and teaches English, Math, Science, Social Studies/Civics and computing/technology to prepare students for High School Equivalency diplomas, U.S. Citizenship exams, job interviews and college careers. MLC also offers social services, counseling, food and diaper assistance and childcare.
Donation Drive & Family First Aid Kit Assembly
MLC staff are in urgent need of family friendly first aid kits for staff to provide their students for home use with their young children. Items needed:
- digital thermometers for children
- Neosporin and anti-bacterial cream
- Band-Aids of all sizes
- Sterile Gauze and Tape
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Store gift cards (e.g. Target, CVS, Stop n Shop…) for parents to purchase children’s fever reducer
DROP OFF and PICK UP DETAILS: Please Drop or mail donations by Saturday May 11 to: 12 Dawn Drive, Westport CT 06880, the front porch will have a large bin with lid for donations or send via online delivery to the same address, Attention Kylie Race. Large quantities can be picked up directly by emailing Lee Race at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot donate, or if you want to do more, you can participate in the following ways:
- Group Kit Assembly: Alternately, please join a group on Saturday, May 11 OR Sunday May 12 between 1 and 4 pm for Kit Assembly also at 12 Dawn Drive, Westport CT 06880.
- Tour of MLC: For those interested in delivery, we will bring assembled kits to MLC on Wednesday May 15 at 4 pm. The Mercy Center can accommodate 10 volunteers for a tour and overview of their mission and success.
Kylie and Lee (Eileen) Race ’93 MPPM
203 800 5307