9:00am to 12:00pm
- From Hwy 50 - Take the Watt Ave. off-ramp, heading north.
- Turn right on Fair Oaks Blvd. Right on Arden Way.
- Proceed straight and head toward the river.
- Upon entering William Pond Park our office is to the right.
- Please park in front of the garden- where it says No Parking!
- Free parking passes will be emailed to all registrants.
The American River Parkway is 4,800 acres of public land along 23 miles of river! Come spend the morning improving their Native Plant Garden in front of their office!
The Native Plant Demonstration Garden, located adjacent to their office, is getting a refresh in 2019. The newly designed garden will feature 6 plant zones, which you can replicate in your own backyard:
- Zone 1 – Audubon Area (bird-attracting foraging plants)
- Zone 2 – Pollinator Paradise (butterfly and bee-attracting)
- Zone 3 – Lilac Grove (multiple ceanothus varieties, buffer edge from levee)
- Zone 4 – Redbud Forest (Cercis groupings near arbor with a complimentary native GC)
- Zone 5 – Scrub Understory (Natives under large oak, informal log seating, pipevine, etc)
- Zone 6 – Manzanita Area (A few specimen manzanita with low-growing varieties)
All ages welcome. Please wear closed-toe shoes. We also recommend wearing long pants. If you have your own special pair of gardening gloves please bring those- we do have plenty. We will also supply water and snacks.
Mark Stivers ‘91