Yale Veterans Association
Yale Club of New Haven
Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 9:00am
VA Connecticut Healthcare System
950 Campbell AveWest Haven, CT 06516
Parking readily available on site.
On Saturday, May 6, join the Yale Veterans Association and the Eastern Blind Rehabilitation Service (EBRS) at the VA Connecticut Healthcare System in the 6th Annual Day of Service Event.
Volunteers will meet with blind veterans, plant in the Hero’s Blind Center Garden, share lunch, and have the opportunity to experience some of the adaptive equipment used in blind rehabilitation.
- 9:00 - Meet in VA lobby for Voluntary Service Orientation
- 9:30 - Eastern Blind Rehabilitation Service(EBRS) Welcome & Sighted Guide Training
- 9:45 - Low Vision Simulation & Garden Planting with EBRS Students
- 11:45 - Assist Veterans in moving to Donaldson (Building 2 - 2nd floor) for lunch
- 12:00 - Pledge of Allegiance lead by Student Representative, Prayer, National Anthem
- 12:15 - Serve Veteran’s Lunch
- 1:00 - Presentation of “Certificates of Appreciation” & Closing Comments
Glen Gechlik, MD ‘05 MBA