Yale Alumni Association of New York
Saturday, May 13, 2017
10:00am to 3:00pm
10:00am to 3:00pm
2-13 Beach 88th Street,Far Rockaway, NY 11693
- Take the A Train toward Far Rockaway/Mott Avenue to Broad Channel
- Take the S at Broad Channel to Beach 90 Street
- walk northeast on Rockaway Freeway toward Beach 88 Street
- Turn right onto Beach 88 Street
- Arrive at 213 Beach 88 Street on the right
By Personal Vehicle
Once in Rockaway, on-street parking is available.
- Take I-495 E, Woodhaven Blvd and Cross Bay Boulevard
- Take exit 19 for Woodhaven and continue onto Cross Bay Boulevard
- Continue onto Cross Bay Bridge
- Continue onto Cross Bay Parkway
- Turn left onto Joseph Alcamo Boulevard/Rockaway Beach Boulevard
Join members of the Yale community to rebuild homes for Sandy Survivors who were impacted by the storm
What is Friends of Rockaway?
Friends of Rockaway is a community-based non-profit organization founded in response to the devastating effects of Hurricane Sandy on the Rockaway Peninsula
What does Friends of Rockaway do?
Friends of Rockaway focuses work on the critical infrastructure that keeps families safe, secure and healthy. Friends of Rockaway helps residents who are at risk of losing
their home, low- to middle-income, displaced, and/or have
What should volunteers bring?
- Willingness to help
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
Any other tools, supplies and safety equipment will be provided on site. No past construction experience is necessary. Please feel free to bring food or water.
What will volunteers do?
Volunteers will help with numerous stages of construction including drywall, taping, painting and mudding. There will be site supervisors who will guide us through all aspects of the day’s construction project.
Julie Sohn ‘14
201 - 815 - 6302